Annual Career Conference (ACC)
The annual career conference is an opportunity for all benefits-eligible faculty at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) to meet once a year with his or her leader to discuss that faculty member's career development.
Click below for a copy of the ACC Form -• Standard ACC Form as pdf
• Standard ACC Form as pdf (fillable)
• Standard ACC Form as Word
Please note that some departments are using an approved alternate form.
See your Department Chair for a copy of this form.
Preparation is the key to a successful meeting.Before the meeting, the leader should:
• Recognize his or her role in helping faculty advance
• Consider the departmentís overall goals and determine how the
faculty member fits with these goals
• Define expectations of the faculty member
• Be familiar with HMS promotion criteria and where each faculty member sits
• Promote resources available to faculty
• Tips on Having an Effective ACC
Before the meeting, the faculty member should:
• Be prepared to discuss accomplishments
• Update his or her CV. Visit our HMS Curriculum Vitae (CV) page
• Think about developing mentoring relationships
• Clarify your contributions and the leaderís expectations.
• Develop an action plan that improves productivity.
• Discuss how your skills align with your departmentís mission, as you
become a more experienced researcher, clinical or teacher.
• Quick tips to prepare for your ACC
• Tips for the ACC (voice over presentation)
Massachusetts General Hospital