CPP Internship Opportunities-
Research Innovation & Commercialization
Partners Innovation Fund (PIF)
Mission:Partners Innovation Fund (PIF) is a $100 million venture capital fund focused exclusively on commercializing technologies that emerge from the greater Partners HealthCare research community. The Fund was established in 2008 with a $35 million commitment from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). The capital base was expanded to $100 million in January 2016 based on the superior financial performance of the investment portfolio which ranks in the top quartile of life science funds for the same time period.
Our mission is to originate, finance and support new ventures that can translate leading-edge discovery and invention into products that benefit patients everywhere.
Overall Goal:Working closely with PIF partners and venture associates, the intern will assist in project exploring the landscape of different research areas that have been identified, and will help to identify opportunities for therapeutic development and areas for academia – industry collaborations.
Specific learning goals:
- Acquire first-hand knowledge and experience with research innovation, commercialization, company creation and venture capital.
- Learn best practices for identifying opportunities to translate research discoveries into products and technologies that benefit patients.
Note: Project details may change based on the needs of the collaborating office.
- New biology landscaping: Exploring new areas of emerging biology with a focus on discoveries originating from the Partners system and opportunities for therapeutic development based on these new findings.
- Fibrosis landscape: Conduct a landscape analysis of key targets and approaches in fibrotic disease therapeutic development in both academia and industry to build a comprehensive assessment of opportunities and competition within this important disease area.
- This opportunity is unpaid.
back to top ^
For questions, please contact email@example.com.