CPP Internship Opportunities-
Program Development and Management
Center for Faculty Development
Massachusetts General Hospital
Mission: The Center for Faculty Development (CFD) facilitates the career advancement and job satisfaction of faculty, research fellows and graduate students at the MGH. Areas of emphasis for the Center are to:
- Develop and implement programs for faculty and trainees at all stages in their careers from early careers to senior leadership that promote academic and professional development.
- Provide information, education and resources to enhance faculty effectiveness.
- Provide support and education regarding the academic promotion process.
- Provide individual counseling, advice and support.
Learn how a career development program/initiative is developed from idea to final product.
Specific learning goals
- Learn project/program management best practices (setting timelines, identifying resources, outcomes evaluation).
- Learn communication skills relevant to program development (speakers/facilitators, target audience, networking for stakeholders).
Note: Project details may change based on the needs of the collaborating office.
- Develop a postdoc alumni network (post-MGH networking, informational interviews for current postdocs, potential panelists).
- Develop a postdoc/graduate student mentoring program.
- Develop a peer editing network for scientific manuscripts authored by postdocs.
- Develop social media communications for the ORCD (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc).
- Other projects suggested by interns will be considered.
Time Commitment and Compensation
- The preferred time commitment is 4 hours/week for 12 weeks.
- The intern will work under the direction of Ann Skoczenski, PhD, Senior Program Manager, CFD.
- This opportunity is unpaid.
back to top ^
For questions, please contact email@example.com.