CPP Internship Opportunities-
Scientific Communication- Museum Exhibits
Paul Russell Museum
Massachusetts General Hospital
Mission: To communicate advances made at MGH within a museum setting that is accessible to the public.
Overall Goal: Develop/hone writing and communication skills to describe scientific research to non-scientists.
Specific learning goals:
- Learn communication skills related to the public (non-scientists) and potential
- Learn and practice specific methods of scientific communication, including development of museum exhibits.
- Attend staff meetings and learn about team efforts in the museumís work.
- Gain an understanding of how the public responds to the museum.
Note: Project details may change based on the needs of the collaborating office.
- Refresh portions of first-floor exhibits with newest MGH science.
- Research objects and write text for a display case.
- Research and write text for new first-floor exhibit(s) to be determined.
- Propose, research and write a third-floor exhibit.
- Spend some time as a docent in the museum to get a deeper understanding of the museumís wide audience.
- 4 hours/week for 12 weeks.
- Schedule is flexible.
- The intern will work under the direction of Sarah Alger and other museum
- This opportunity is unpaid.
back to top ^
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.