CPP Internship Opportunities-
Scientific Communication- Internet Presence
The Vaccine and Immunotherapy Center
Massachusetts General Hospital (East), Bldg 149 Charlestown Navy Yard
Mission: The Vaccine and Immunotherapy Center (VIC) at Massachusetts General Hospital seeks to improve human health by accelerating the development of new broadly applicable, safe and cost effective vaccines and immune-based therapeutics. We focus on enhancing the speed and effectiveness by which these drugs and vaccines are advanced from laboratory discovery to clinical development, on promoting an understanding of the need for accelerated development of new medical treatments, and on training the next generation of scientists to continue this important work. A crucial component of promotion is the communication of the work at VIC and its relevance in the local and global community.
Overall Goal: Working closely with VIC on their internet presence, the intern will engage with scientists and project managers in all stages from fundamental research to a projectís management and onward transition and will have the opportunity to join lab meetings. Specific tasks will include: interview investigators and project managers, draft and edit web content and develop online outreach and promotion using social media.
Specific learning goals:
- Acquire first-hand knowledge and experience with science communications.
- Identify and create impactful, exciting content for the VIC website.
Note: Project details may change based on the needs of the collaborating office.
- Write weekly blog posts on current newsworthy topics from an internal or external perspective.
- Develop social media posts on facebook and an opportunity to introduce other social media outlets.
- Interview and video investigators to write formal pieces for posting.
- Assist in the promotion of a planned new speaker series event and follow up with write ups for website and local media.
back to top ^
For questions, please contact email@example.com.