1. LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER: Overview of Career Opportunities in the Life Science Sector
on Oct 22 -
Graduate Student Division Seminar: Career Advancement Series
Are you interested in exploring your future career opportunities? This seminar will focus on career opportunities available to individuals with advanced degrees and provides an overview of the skills needed to excel in each type of role.
At this seminar you will learn about:
• Research and non-research career paths such as consulting, product development, etc.
• Numerous opportunities for you in non-profit and for-profit organizations.
• Transferable skills, their importance and how to highlight them for specific roles.
Facilitator: Lauren Celano, MBA, Founder and CEO, Propel Careers
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2015
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 pm
Location provided upon registration.
Pre-registration is required, please register here by 4:00 pm TODAY, Fri, Oct 16.
2. CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: MGH Graduate Student "GSD Connect" information due Oct 30-
Collected by the MGH Graduate Student Division
Get connected! Submit your entry for the annual "GSD Connect".
"GSD Connect" is a vehicle to highlight your research interests. This compilation of graduate students at MGH will help you connect with your peers based on school, lab, location and more!!
Click here to submit your information as you would like it to appear in "GSD Connect. Submissions due by Fri, Oct 30.
3. Looking Your Best on Paper: Building a High Impact CV or Resume on Nov 12-
GSD Educational Seminar: Career Advancement Series
This seminar will help you prepare your CV/Resume for academia, industry or
for a more general career exploration.
You will learn to:
• Tailor your CV/resume to your goals
• Highlight and build transferable skills and experience
• Focus the content and structure
Date: Thursday, November 12, 2015
Time: 12:00 to 1 pm
Location provided upon registration.
Pre-registration is required, please register here by Mon, Nov 2.
1. CAREER ADVICE: GSD is offering individual consultations for MGH graduate students -
Are you interested in academic or career advice?
Thilo Deckersbach, PhD, Director of the Graduate Student Division within the Office for Research Career Development is available for individual consultations to discuss your career advancement.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.
2. Future in Life Sciences (FILS) Series -
Commercialization II: Reimbursement,
Pharmacoeconomics, Advocacy, Access on Oct 20-
Sponsored by Propel Careers, MassBio, and MassBioEd
This Futures in Life Science program brings together experts across a wide range of disciplines and functional areas within the life science industry, who detail their roles and provide a rich context for the audience to gain a clear understanding of the skills, aptitudes, competencies, and personalities that thrive in their particular functions.
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Time: 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Location: MassBio Offices, 300 Tech Square, 8th floor, Cambridge, MA
Please click here to register and for more information.
3. The PhD Movie 2: Film Screening and Q&A with Creator Jorge Cham
on Oct 28 and 29-
Sponsored by Harvard University Office of Career Services (OCS)
“Piled Higher and Deeper: Still in Grad School” is the sequel to the film adaptation of the popular comic strip “Piled Higher and Deeper” by Jorge Cham. Like the comics and the first movie, the film takes a smart and humorous look at the world of academia through the eyes of four grad students and features real academics (including a Nobel Prize winner!) in many of the roles. After the screening, Cham will hold a Q&A with the audience.
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Time: 7:00 to 9:30 pm
Location: Science Center, Cambridge, Cambridge, MA
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2015
Time: 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: TMEC Walter Amphitheatre, Longwood Campus.
Please click here for more information and ticket sales.