The Graduate Student Division (GSD) within the Office for Research Career Development,
a branch of the Center for Faculty Development, was created to foster a graduate student community and to serve the practical needs of graduate students
from all academic institutions who are associated with basic and clinical research at MGH.
1.MGH Graduate Student Social Night on Aug 29-
Graduate Student Division: Networking Series
Come meet your fellow MGH graduate students! We have a space reserved at the bar for graduate students. We hope to see old friends and to meet many new friends!
Date: Friday, August 29, 2014
Time: 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Location: Harvard Gardens, 316 Cambridge St, Boston, MA 02114
Please click here to register by Thu, Aug 28.
2. Overview Career Opportunities in the Life Science Sector on Oct 2 -
Graduate Student Division Seminar: Career Advancement Series
Are you interested in exploring your future career opportunities? This seminar will focus on career opportunities available to individuals with advances degrees and provides an overview of the skills needed to excel in each type of role.
At this seminar you will learn about:
• Research and non-research career paths such as consulting, product development, etc.
• Numerous opportunities for you in non-profit and for-profit organizations
• Transferable skills, their importance and how to highlight them for specific roles
Facilitator: Lauren Celano, MBA, Founder and CEO, Propel Careers
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2014
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 pm
Location provided upon registration.
Pre-registration is required, please register here by Fri, Sep 19.
1. Get Connected with your fellow graduate students at MGH on social media-
- Join our MGH GSD LinkedIn group
- Start participating in social activities with your peers on Facebook
2. CONSULTATIONS: GSD is offering consultations for MGH graduate students -
Graduate Student Division
Are you interested in academic or career advice?
Thilo Deckersbach, PhD, Director of the Graduate Student Division within the Office for Research Career Development is available for individual meetings to discuss your career advancement.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.
3. Future in Life Sciences (FILS) Series: Bio-Informatics, Modeling and Systems Biology
Career Paths on Sep 16-
Presented by Propel Careers and MassBioEd
Futures in Life Sciences events are tailored for graduate students, postdocs and medical residents and discuss exciting career paths in the life sciences industry in various functional areas.
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Time: 5:30 to 8:00 pm
Location: MassBio Offices, 300 Tech Square, 8th floor, Cambridge, MA
Please click here for more information and to register.