MGRI Post Doctoral Division (PDD) Travel Awards
Sponsored by the MGRI Post Doctoral Division
Would you like to get financial assistance
to travel to a professional meeting?
Recognizing that one of the challenges to career advancement are resources to support travel and participation in professional meetings, the MGRI Post Doctoral Division within the Center for Faculty Development's Office for Research Career Development established the MGRI PDD Travel Awards. This award is intended to help defray registration, transportation, and/or accommodation costs for post-doctoral fellows currently doing research at MGH who wish to attend an academic/society meeting directly related to his/her academic advancement.
*Amount is for reimbursement of incurred expenses up to a maximum of $1,000. Two awards will be available for this call. A lifetime maximum of one PDD Travel Award ($1,000 upper limit) per post-doctoral fellow is allowed.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are now CLOSED
for travel between
January 2020 and May 2020.
Click below for details on:
- Application Guidelines
- Awards Expenditure
- Information requested on application
- List of award recipients
- The MGRI PDD Travel Awards provide funding to support travel to an academic/society meeting directly related to his/her academic advancement.
- The applicant must have plans to attend a professional meeting within the timeframe stated in the official Call for Applications.
- Post-doctoral fellows must apply in advance of the professional meeting and may not receive support for an event that has already occurred.
- The award requires that the post-doctoral fellow submit an abstract to present original research findings at the meeting. The only exception to this is if the post-doctoral fellow has been selected to receive an award at the meeting.
- To ensure full consideration for the award, the online application must be completed in its entirety, including submitting a copy of your CV, a copy of the submitted (or planned) abstract, and a signed attestation form.
Please note: only completed applications will be considered.
- These awards are specifically allocated to the conference stated on your application, and may not be transferred to another academic/society meeting.
back to top ^
- The applicant must be a post-doctoral fellow doing research at MGH at the time of award application and at the time of the conference he/she plans to attend. In addition, the applicant’s Principal Investigator must be a member of the MGH faculty
- Trip must be an academic/society professional meeting for the purpose of advancing the post-doctoral fellow’s career (e.g., presenting at an academic/society meeting [abstract/paper/poster] or receiving a society award/honor).
- The travel award recipient must commit to plan and host a career advancement seminar for the post-doctoral community.
back to top ^
- Awards may be used for the following expenses:
- Conference registration fees.
- Travel and transportation expenses to and from selected meeting.
- Reasonable hotel and/or other accomodation.
- Reasonable expenses for meals during the conference.
- Awards may not be used for the following expenses:
- Personal travel expenses not related to the selected meeting.
- Expenses other than those listed above.
- Under Partners policy, to receive reimbursement, the awardee must provide original receipts and/or invoices and must attest that these expenses were used in accordance with above guidelines.
- Amount of payment will not exceed $1,000 of incurred expenses.
- Forms and documentation of expenses must be submitted within 30 days of the travel return date.
Information requested on the application
2020 Round 2 - Travel between January 2020 and May 2020 is closed.
- Conference information
- Specifics on how attending this conference will advance your career and
- Budget outlining how this award will be used (e.g., registration fees, transportation, and travel accommodation costs, etc.).
- Outline/plan of career advancement seminar.
For further information regarding the application process, please e-mail email@example.com
back to top ^
List of Award Recipients
2020 Round 2 - Travel between January 2020 and May 2020
Bryan Baxter, PhD
Dimitrios Mylonas, PhD
2019 Round 1 - Travel between June 2019 and December 2019
David Alagpulinsa, PhD
Jouha Min, PhD
back to top ^