eTreadwell Virtual Library at MGH
The eTreadwell Virtual Library is the health sciences library for the MGH community and contains resources containing reliable information for patient care, teaching and research. Services include:
• MGH OneSearch – find all of our full-text journal articles and books
(and Harvard’s) in one place!
• Use Ask Us! to get your questions answered by our expert staff. Or, check
our FAQs to see if you can get an immediate answer to your question.
• You can also chat online or text us for help with your information needs.
Of course, we are still happy to provide consultations on the phone and
in-person in your office, conference room, etc.
• Explore our A to Z offering of knowledge resources - from Access
Anesthesiology to Zynx Health.
Countway Library of Medicine at HMS
The Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine, one of the largest medical libraries in the world, serves the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston Medical Library and the Massachusetts Medical Society. The Countway Library holds more than 630,000 volumes, subscribes to 3,500 current journal titles and houses over 10,000 non-current biomedical journal titles. The library also houses one of the world's leading medical history collections, and provides access to many electronic information resources.
The Countway hosts The Center for the History of Medicine, which includes Archives and Records Management Program for the schools of the Harvard medical area, and the Warren Anatomical Museum. Countway Library's Center for the History of Medicine The Center produced at a brochure on 'Documenting Your Career' as a basic guide to keeping your records and preserving your legacy. Click here to view 'Document Your Career' brochure.
CFD Lending Library
The CFD Lending Library is run through The Center for Faculty Development. Books and CD's may be borrowed for up to a month at a time. You may check them out from our center at Bulfinch 370 anytime between 9:00am-5:00pm.
The CFD Lending Library has resources related to the following topics:
• Job Search & Alternative Careers
• Work-Life & Parenting
• Career Development & Mentoring
E-Research at Harvard Libraries
Here you can identify, locate, and connect to Harvard’s growing collection of e-resources and e-journals. You can also use new tools that allow you to search multiple resources at one time and to save sets of e-resources, e-journals, and citations. Services include:
• Quick Search - an easy way to do an initial search for articles and books
in broad topic areas.
• Find E-Resources - find and connect to indexes, encyclopedias, dictionaries,
e-book or e-journal collections, and many other electronic resources.
• Find E-Journals – Search or browse by journal title or ISSN. Find frequently
consulted e-journals to add to your “My E-Journals” list in My Research.
Faculty Development Literature
• Outcomes of a pilot faculty mentoring program
* in collaboration with OWC *
•Effective faculty preceptoring and mentoring during reorganization of
an academic medical center
•Generation X: Implications for Faculty Recruitment and Development
In Academic Health Centers
•"Having the Right Chemistry": A Qualitative Study of Mentoring
in Academic Medicine
• Helping Medical School Faculty Realize Their Dreams: An Innovative,
Collaborative Mentoring Program
• Surviving and Thriving in Academia
• A Theoretical, Practical, Predictive Model of Faculty and Department
• Trends in Career Choice by US Medical School Graduates
SPIN Search (Infoed)
InfoEd software eResearch Portals provide investigators and administrators with a central online hub for managing research activity with integrated applications for managing grants, protocols, clinical studies, animal orders, publications and patents.
back to top ^