HMS Foundation Funds
Harvard Medical School Foundation Funds: Opportunities for Faculty and Fellows
Information on funding opportunities offered through the HMS Foundation Funds is available online at http://www.hms.harvard.edu/foundationfunds.
Each year several foundations invite HMS junior faculty members and postdocs to apply for their fellowships and grants, which serve as critical funding at the early stages of a research career. For awards that limit the number of applicants from a school, interested investigators must first apply for the HMS nomination through the HMS Foundation Funds and a committee will select the final candidates to submit applications to the foundations.
- Burroughs Wellcome Career Award for Medical Scientists
- Burroughs Wellcome Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases
- Jose Carreras International Leukemia Foundation E.D. Thomas Fellowship*
- Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award
- Greenwall Faculty Scholars Program
- Grunebaum Cancer Research Fellowship
- Hearst Fund Award for Pre- and Perinatal Medicine
- Microsoft New Faculty Fellowship Program
- Pew Scholars Program in Biomedical Sciences*
- Searle Scholars Program
- Smith Family Award for Excellence in Biomedical Research*
- W.T. Grant Scholars Program
Researchers interested in applying for any of the awards listed above can apply for the HMS nomination by submitting an application online no later than April 3, 2012 at 5:00PM.
Two informational forums will be held on:
• Tuesday, February 28, 9:00-10:30am at MGH in the Simches 3rd floor
conference room. Coffee and bagels will be provided
• Wednesday, March 7, 12:00-1:30pm at HMS in the Armenise Amphitheater.
Lunch will be provided.
Please direct all inquiries to Erin Cromack
, Office of the HMS Dean for Academic and Clinical Affairs, 617.432.7463.
* For some awards, institutions may receive invitations to submit their own nominations. Applicants at HMS affiliated hospitals should check with their Sponsored Programs/Research Administration representative before submitting an application to the Foundation Funds to ensure that the hospital does not have its own nomination process for an award.